Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Número 23.





Twenty-three feels, oh so sweet. I have this indescribable feeling that 23 will be more than good to me. And that is a beautiful feeling to have.

I feel strong mentally, physically and spiritually. Perhaps, it's because I'm in a chapter of my life where I feel more comfortable in my shoes figuratively, of course. Post-college, I considered myself a rookie adult and for the first time in a long time I feel like I'm getting into the swing of things. Not to say things are constant but to say I'm getting use to unexpected changes and I'm learning to welcome them in.

I feel it in my bones that this year will be filled with adventure and opportunity. Lately, I've heard God speak so loudly to me in such a gentle way. He is causing all this ruckus in my heart but the kind that makes you feel like the world is at your finger tips. He keeps telling me to get up and keep showing up but more importantly to get ready. The last couple of months I've seen him close doors and open new ones so quickly and yet every single time he has left me with an immense peace in my heart and knowledge that he is making way for me.

I think all humans worry about where they are going and if the decisions they are making correlate with their short term or long term goals. Sometimes I find myself feeling a little bit paralyzed in my tracks and this usually happens when I begin to listen to world. But there is a remarkable shift when I begin to listen to him and no one else.

When I stand on God's promises and his truths I feel equipped and capable. His love and grace encourage me to keep pursuing what I love. He keeps introducing and reintroducing me to people who have either helped me or redirected me in some way or some form towards him. His ways are magical.

I can't wait to immerse myself and dive into things that make my soul happy.
  • Working-out
  • Writing
  • Reading
  • And interviewing people who have inspired me or motivated me in some way.  So if I ask you on a coffee date just know it is synonymous for an interview. This is your warning. (;  Be kind and say yes! I think you are the bees knees from the bottom of my corazón.
 
This year is my Michael Jordan year, numero 23. This year is my action year. This year is all about God and me.
 
Embrace the Journey.
XO
-J





No comments :

Post a Comment