Friday, November 28, 2014

The Real World

I graduated college a couple months ago and all I keep hearing is, "When the real world hits you… just wait…" along with a polite laugh to compensate for the awful truth they know that I don't. I politely smile back and nod.
In retrospect, I believe the real world has visited me a couple of times, but then again I do admit… I'm only 22 which makes me as green as a kiwi. Please don't get me wrong I appreciate and need all the advice I can get.
Many people credit my enthusiasm for life as that of a recent college graduate who thinks he/she can conquer the world and in part you're right! I think to myself on daily basis how blessed I am… I have ten toes, ten fingers, I have food on the table, a roof, the opportunity to thrive, I can run a mile in 8 minutes, I'm starting to get some ABS definition and I have a mom and dad that truly care.
However, my enthusiasm for life is not merely that of a recent grad that hasn't experience enough disappoints in life to feel like the only thing they are going to conquer is finishing a whole series on Netflix in record time.
The real truth behind my enthusiasm is that I know I'm young but I know I am not invincible. Life is nothing but short and sweet and my mother reminded me of this about two years ago. Seeing my world laying in a bed of a trauma unit made me realize that life is brief.
Tomorrow is not promised… so I will continue to pursue my passions, continue to love on the people who mean the world to me, smile/laugh even when I don't want too and dream like it is impossible to fail. Life is going to happen regardless of the type of attitude I decide to have… Life is going to continue to move forward whether I choose to make my passions a reality…
I also know I'm going to fall flat on my face a couple of times and I'm okay with that reality.
I know that my generation is known for being lazy and expect everything to be handed down to them… but world we're all not like that… (:







p.s Embrace the Journey.

XO

-J

No comments :

Post a Comment